- Article 1 (Privacy Information)
- Within Privacy Information, “Personal Information” refers to “Personal Information” as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, and refers to information about a living individual that can identify a specific individual by name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, and other descriptions contained in such information. Among privacy information, “history information and characteristic information” refers to information other than “personal information” specified above, and includes used services, purchased products, viewed pages and advertisement histories, search keywords searched by users, date and time of use, usage method, usage environment, zip code and sex, occupation, age, IP address of users, cookie information, location information, and individual identification information of terminals.
- Article 2 (Method of Collecting Privacy Information)
- When registering users, our company may ask for personal information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, bank account number, credit card number, and driver’s license number. In addition, transaction records that include user personal information and information related to payments made between users and business partners may be collected from our company’s business partners (This includes information providers, advertisers, and advertisers. Hereinafter referred to as “partner”.). Our company collects historical and characteristic information about users, such as the services and software they used, the products they purchased, the pages they visited and the history of their advertisements, the search keywords they searched for, the date and time of use, the method of use, the usage environment (This includes the communication status of the mobile terminal when used through the terminal and various setting information when used.), IP addresses, cookie information, location information, and individual identification information for terminals, when they use services or browse pages of our company or its partners.
- Article 3 (Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal Information)
- Our company collects and uses personal information for the following purposes.
- (1)The purpose of displaying information about registered information such as name, address, contact information, payment method, services used, products purchased, and their prices so that users can view and modify their registered information and view their usage status.
- (2)The purpose of using contact information, such as name and address, when you use an e-mail address to notify or contact a user, or when you send a product to a user or contact a user as needed
- (3)The purpose of using information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, driver’s license number, and delivery result of certified mail to confirm the user’s identity
- (4)The purpose of using payment information, such as the name and quantity of goods purchased, the type, period, and number of services used, the amount charged, the name, address, and bank account and credit card numbers, in order to charge the user.
- (5)The purpose of displaying information registered in our company on the input screen so that the user can easily enter data, or forwarding the information to other services based on the user’s instructions (including those provided by alliance partners)
- (7)The purpose of responding to inquiries from users by using information that our company needs to provide services to users, such as inquiries and billing information, as well as the user’s usage status and contact information.
- (8)Purpose incidental to the above purpose of use
- Article 4 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
Our company will not provide personal information to third parties without obtaining the prior consent of the user, except in the following cases:. However, this does not apply to cases permitted by the Personal Information Protection Act or other laws and regulations.
- (1)Cases under laws and regulations
- (2)When it is necessary for the protection of a person’s life, body or property and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- (3)Cases where it is particularly necessary for the improvement of public health or the promotion of the sound upbringing of children and where it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- (4)When it is necessary to cooperate in the execution of affairs prescribed by laws and regulations by a national organ, a local government, or a person entrusted thereby, and there is a risk that obtaining the consent of the person may hinder the execution of said affairs
- (5)When the following matters have been notified or announced in advance
The purpose of use includes provision to a third party.
Items of data provided to third parties
Means or method of provision to third parties
To stop the provision of personal information to a third party at the request of the person
- (1)Where our company entrusts all or part of the handling of personal information to the extent necessary for the achievement of the Purpose of Use
- (2)Cases where personal information is provided as a result of business succession due to merger or other reasons
- (3)Cases where personal information is jointly used with a specific person and the person is notified in advance of such fact, the item of personal information to be jointly used, the scope of persons to be jointly used, the purpose of use of the person, and the name of the person responsible for the management of the personal information, or the personal information is readily accessible to the person
- Article 5 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
If our company is requested by a person to disclose his/her personal information, it discloses it to the person without delay. However, if the disclosure falls under any of the following, the Company may not disclose all or part of the information. If the Company makes a decision not to disclose the information, the Company will notify the decision without delay. Disclosure of personal information will be subject to a fee of 1,000 yen per case.
- (1)Cases where there is a risk of harming the life, body, property, or other rights and interests of the person or a third party
- (2)Cases where there is a risk of causing significant hindrance to the proper conduct of our company’s business
- (3)In other cases where it is in violation of laws and regulations
Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, in principle, information other than personal information such as historical information and characteristic information shall not be disclosed.
- Article 6 (Correction and Deletion of Personal Information)
If the personal information held by our company is incorrect, the user can request our company to correct or delete the personal information in accordance with procedures prescribed by our company.
When our company receives a request from a user in the preceding paragraph and determines that it is necessary to respond to the request, it corrects or deletes the personal information without delay and notifies the user of this.
- Article 7 (Suspension of Use of Personal Information)
- If our company is requested by a person to discontinue use or to erase (Hereinafter referred to as “Suspension of Use, etc. ”.) his/her personal information on the grounds that it is being handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use or that it was obtained by fraudulent means, Sony shall conduct necessary investigations without delay and, based on the results of such investigations, discontinue use of the personal information and notify the person to that effect. However, in cases where it is difficult to suspend the use of personal information, such as when there is a large amount of money involved in the suspension of the use of personal information, and in cases where it is possible to take necessary alternative measures to protect the rights and interests of the person, the Company will take such alternative measures.
The contents of this policy can be changed without notifying the user.